HELLO ITU, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR WANTING TO BE PART OF OUR NEVER ENDING JOURNEY ON LESS. TALK. TRAVEL. MORE.
1. TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF. HOW OLD ARE YOU? WHERE ARE YOU FROM? WHAT IS YOUR JOB AND WHY IS TRAVELLING SO IMPORTANT TO YOU?
My name is Itu’ and I am 34 years old. I come from Tokyo. All the ideas I have, I want to transfer into a job. This is what I do for a living. I am something between an artist and a businessman.
2. HOW OFTEN DO YOU TRAVEL PER YEAR?
I travel between Paris and Tokyo every two weeks. Also, once every two months, I make a business trip to another country, very often to England, London. Once a year, I travel to Hong Kong, to Miami and to New York. For 2016, I am planning trips to Singapore, Milan and Beijing.
3. WHAT WAS YOUR FUNNIEST EXPERIENCE ON A JOURNEY?
When I visited Paris for the first time, I took pictures everywhere I went and decided to become an artist in Paris.
4. HOW DO YOU DECIDE ON YOUR NEXT TRIP AND WHAT IS RELEVANT FOR YOU?
Basically, when there is a request, I will go everywhere. Even if it is a small event; even if there is no appointment. For example, when someone in a Café tells me “Barcelona is interesting, you should go there”, I will be there two weeks later.
5. WHAT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU ON A VACATION (RECREATION; EXPERIENCE; RELAXATION; ADVENTURE; FUN)?
As I am Japanese, I never take long vacations, maybe only three to five days. Even though this is short, I can relax deeply. Going back home and visiting the grave of my ancestors are refreshing to my heart.
6. WHICH TYPE REPRESENTS YOU BEST?
RELAXATION OR MOTION - Both
COURAGE OR ANXIETY - Courage
ADVENTURE OR BORING STANDART - Both
CHEAP OR EXPENSIVE - Both
COLOR OR NO COLOR - Color
7. DO YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION IN THE SPRING, SUMMER, FALL OR WINTER .... AND WHY?
Spring or Summer because the energy of these seasons is positive.
8. WHICH MOMENT OF THE DAY DO YOU LIKE THE MOST?
The morning. The start is always full of charm.
9. ARE YOU MORE THE DISCOVERER OR DO YOU STICK TO YOUR ROUTINE WHEN DECIDING ON A TRIP?
10. WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION NEXT?
I do not take a lot of “vacations”, but if you can recommend a place, please tell me. It is just that every day is a vacation for me.
11. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Conversations and reactions of the people that I encounter.
12. IF I WOULD ASK YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD NEVER FORGET TO TAKE ON A TRIP, APART FROM PASSPORT, VISA ETC. , WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
Itu’ wearable art.
13. TELL ME FIVE THINGS THAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE IN YOUR BAG ON A TRIP.
Wearable art Itu’, cosmetics tool of make up from Make up Forever, colorful underwear, colorful stockings, headphones
14. BOOK, NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINE OR CELL PHONE/IPAD/LAPTOP – WHAT REPRESENTS YOU BEST AND WHY?
Books. Books have the power to change your life drastically.
15. WHICH MOMENT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST WHEN YOU THINK BACK ON YOUR LIFE’S JOURNEY?
The moment when I am talking to myself. When I explore my inner self.
16. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE CITIES?
Paris, Tokyo, London, New York, Hong Kong are all my favorites.
17. IN WHICH CITY OR PART OF THE WORLD DO YOU FEEL MOST AT HOME?
After all, I am Japanese born, it should be in Japan!
18. WHERE DO YOU LIVE AND WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST IN YOUR CITY?
Half a month in Paris and half a month in Tokyo, I go back and forth every month.
19. WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO LIVE THERE?
Paris gives me the base to be an artist, and I have my gallery there. Tokyo, I still have a lot of business there.
20. IF YOU WOULD COMPARE YOUR CITY TO MUSIC, WHICH KIND OF MUSIC WOULD DESCRIBE YOUR CITY BEST?
Paris may be good even without music. Paris is the only place where I can live even without music.
What would it be for Tokyo? ? ? After all, it could be j-pop music ...
21. WHICH MUSIC ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Baby Metal, Weezer, X Japan, Muse, I hear them often.
22. EXPLAIN YOUR LIFESTYLE IN FIVE WORDS?
GIN GIN (imitative words of ecstatic), innocence, courage, color, energy
23. WHAT WOULD BE A PERFECT DAY FOR YOU?
The day of my death. I think I could die on this day because it would be a perfect day in my life.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE FOOD AND THE TASTE OF SOMETHING NEW TO YOU?
25. NAME FIVE OF YOUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS. THEY CAN BE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
A.T. ATSUSHI TAYAMA - Restaurant in Paris
KUNITORAYA 2 - Restaurant in Paris
KIYOMASA - Restaurant in Tokyo
OTOMEZUSHI - Restaurant in Kanazawa
CURRY SHOP SIESTA - Restaurant in Kanazawa
26. WHAT IS YOUR PHILOSOPHY OF LIFE?
The world is revolving around Itu’. Because if I am not alive, I will not know what is happening.
27. WHAT ARE YOUR FUTURE PLANS?
Becoming a star like Michael Jackson or Picasso.
28. IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING IN THE WORLD – WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
Sense for values.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH ITU FOR YOUR TIME AND THE INTERESTING INTERVIEW.
ALL THE BEST TO YOUR FUTURE PLANS AND MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU WHEREEVER YOU WILL BE.