HELLO TROHOE , THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR WANTING TO BE PART OF OUR NEVER ENDING JOURNEY ON LESS. TALK. TRAVEL. MORE.
1. TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF. HOW OLD ARE YOU? WHERE ARE YOU FROM? WHAT IS YOUR JOB AND WHY IS TRAVELLING SO IMPORTANT TO YOU?
Hello, my name is Trohoe Kpargai and I am 30 years old. I was born in Liberia, and raised in New Jersey and Paris. I am a fashion designer. Travelling is very important to me, for the inspiration that I get from it and the discovery of different cultures.
2. HOW OFTEN DO YOU TRAVEL PER YEAR?
It all depends, but I travel in general, three times a year.
3. WHAT WAS YOUR FUNNIEST EXPERIENCE ON A JOURNEY?
The funniest experience on a journey was when I was on a Greyhound bus, on my way to visit my aunt in Philadelphia. I met this guy from Porto Rico on the bus. We spent the entire time talking about supernatural stuff, reincarnation, and Dmt/Ayahuasca visionary trip. A very interesting conversation.
4. HOW DO YOU DECIDE ON YOUR NEXT TRIP AND WHAT IS RELEVANT FOR YOU?
The decision for my next trip depends on it being a professional obligations or a need to visit family/friends. When I can afford it, I just pick a random destination and that's it. ;)
5. WHAT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU ON A VACATION (RECREATION; EXPERIENCE; RELAXATION; ADVENTURE; FUN)?
Wherever I go, what is important for me is to connect with the locals. I try to immerse myself into their culture and discover their way of life.
6. WHICH TYPE REPRESENTS YOU BEST?
RELAXATION OR MOTION - Motion
COURAGE OR ANXIETY - Courage
ADVENTURE OR BORING STANDARD - Adventure
CHEAP OR EXPENSIVE - Cheap and expensive (I really like both, sorry) ;))
COLOR OR NO COLOR - Color
7. DO YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION IN THE SPRING, SUMMER, FALL OR WINTER .... AND WHY?
I don’t have a preference, but i'll go with summer. I am based in Paris and I hate Paris in the summer, for me it's a winter's place. So I rather escape from it in the summer.
8. WHICH MOMENT OF THE DAY DO YOU LIKE THE MOST?
I love the mornings. I like getting up really, so I can do a lot of things. 24 hours are never enough.
9. ARE YOU MORE THE DISCOVERER OR DO YOU STICK TO YOUR ROUTINE WHEN DECIDING ON A TRIP?
I am defenitly the discoverer type. I like getting out of my comfort zone. That's how I grow!
10. WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION NEXT?
I am obsessed with the Scandinavian culture. I would love to go to an Island to experience the Northern lights. My dream!!
11. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
What inspires me is people, love, ART and spirituality.
12. IF I WOULD ASK YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD NEVER FORGET TO TAKE ON A TRIP, APART FROM PASSPORT, VISA ETC. , WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
I NEVER forget to take a pencil, an eraser and a sketchbook whenever I go on a trip.
13. TELL ME FIVE THINGS THAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE IN YOUR BAG ON A TRIP.
Music, sketchbook/pencil, some food, an art book and a magazine.
14. BOOK, NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINE OR CELL PHONE/IPAD/LAPTOP – WHAT REPRESENTS YOU BEST AND WHY?
Book. Books represents me the best because, it is the item that I chersh the most. As a creative person, from a very young age onwards, I always drew my inspiration from books of all kinds.
15. WHICH MOMENT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST WHEN YOU THINK BACK ON YOUR LIFE’S JOURNEY?
The moment I remember the most of my life journey is when I had my first fashion show at the Unesco Headquaters in Paris.
16. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE CITIES?
My favorite cities are Paris, New York and Miami.
17. IN WHICH CITY OR PART OF THE WORLD DO YOU FEEL MOST AT HOME?
I feel most at home in Paris.
18. WHERE DO YOU LIVE AND WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST IN YOUR CITY?
I currently live in Paris and what I love the most here, is the cultural life. As a whole.
19. WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO LIVE THERE?
I decided to live in Paris to work in high fashion.
20. IF YOU WOULD COMPARE YOUR CITY TO MUSIC, WHICH KIND OF MUSIC WOULD DESCRIBE YOUR CITY BEST?
If I should compare my city to music, it would be some good old classical one!
21. WHICH MUSIC ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Right now, I am listening to Raury,PSA and Max Richter - On the nature of daylight.
22. EXPLAIN YOUR LIFESTYLE IN FIVE WORDS?
My lifestyle in five words: art, fashion, my crew-family and politics.
23. WHAT WOULD BE A PERFECT DAY FOR YOU?
A perfect day for me would be to wake up, go to a museum, then to my workshop, see friends at night, go home to my love, work a little, and start all over ;)
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE FOOD AND THE TASTE OF SOMETHING NEW TO YOU?
I am a total foodie. I love me some food. The taste of something new is very important. I love to discover new flavors, new food.
25. NAME FIVE OF YOUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS. THEY CAN BE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
my five fav restaurants are.
Paris hanoi (Paris)
Le Djoliba (Paris)
Le petit café (Paris)
26. WHAT IS YOUR PHILOSOPHY OF LIFE?
My philosophy of life is to live your dreams to the fullest and take risks. Never try to be no one else, but the best version of who you are and what you can be.
27. WHAT ARE YOUR FUTURE PLANS?
My future plan is to develop my brand, keep creating more and more art.
28. IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING IN THE WORLD – WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
If I could change one thing in the world, it would be to eradicate war and conflict. As humans, we have so much to do to improve our lives here on earth, and we need all the creative minds we can get. Unfortunately, some of them are trapped in countries that are in war right now. And that's a pitty!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TROHOE FOR YOUR TIME AND THE INTERESTING INTERVIEW.
ALL THE BEST TO YOUR FUTURE PLANS AND MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU WHEREEVER YOU WILL BE.