Tuesday Talk with: Laura & Marco - Creators of the Luxury Beach and Resortwear Brand: SWIM WITH
HELLO LAURA & MARCO, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR WANTING TO BE PART OF
A NEVER ENDING JOURNEY ON LESSTALKTRAVELMORE.COM
1. SO... TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF. HOW OLD ARE YOU? WHERE ARE YOU FROM? WHAT IS YOUR JOB AND WHY IS TRAVELLING SO IMPORTANT TO YOU?
Laura: Ok I am 29 years old (but I think I look youngerJ), born in raised in Berlin.
I studied Marketing Management and Fashion Business in Berlin as well as London.
I love travelling the world, drinking the best Belllinis in Porto Cervo.
Eating italian Pasta in Capri, having a fresh coconut in miami. Shopping in Paris and doing absolutely nothing on the Maldives. In the Amazonas rainforrest I was confronted with my biggest fear BUTTERFLIES.
However I’m always happy to come back home to my Curry Wurst roots and my doggy Coco.
Our Base (At the moment) is Berlin where We have the HQ of our Luxury Beach and Resortwear Brand SWIM WITH MI.
Marco just turned 30 Cheers!!
I was born in Varese, Italy but moved to Germany when I was 4 years old. But I have to add I still have “Pasta, Pizza e Amore” in my blood.
A little later I moved to Switzerland for boarding school, where I caused a lot of trouble and studied.
Later moved to Munich because of business and my horses.
Since I live by the rule“ Sport ist Mord!” I was not so bad in Show Jumping.
Adding Porto Cervo & London to the list of my homes, my home home where I consistently return to now is Berlin.
Here I learned:” A little Party never hurt nobody.” and met my wife to be Laura.
So have my various travels and residences shaped me into the person I`m today. A global nomad living in a city that never wants to grow up.
What else about me?
I like my coffee strong, my granola homemade and my eggs medium cooked. Last point is really important to me there is nothing worst like runny yolk.
I can speak the most sexiest language in the world “Italiano” and the one with the hardest grammer German.
Organised like a German, easy going like an American, charming like an Italian and with a taste of finer things like a Frenchman. That’s 100% Me.
On top I can drink for ten. :)
2. HOW OFTEN DO YOU TRAVEL PER YEAR?
Both: Too much to count
3. WHAT WAS YOUR FUNNIEST EXPERIENCE ON A JOURNEY?
Marco: We have been on a Trip to the Amazonas Rainforest.
To make a long story short on this whole adventure trip we were totally overdressed sitting next to all these “rangers”.
One day on our way back from an excursion in the rainforest to our mother ship in the amazons.
I was totally enjoying the sun going down and the unique nature. When I casually looked down to the water I saw something green on my arm. I looked away and at my arm again. There was a green (and I mean HULK green) Frog sitting on my arm.
He was probably toxic.
I shaked my arm like crazy to get the frog off me.
Everyone else was disappointed because they wanted a photo of this rare frog.
Laura was dying of laugther.
4. HOW DO YOU DECIDE ON YOUR NEXT TRIP AND WHAT IS RELEVANT FOR YOU?
Laura: To be honest most of the time it comes out of the blue. We think how amazing it would be to have a Dinner now in Malibu at the Beach…10 Seconds Later Marco is looking for a flightJ
There are so many amazing getaways. We love to see new spots and return to our favorite ones.
5. WHAT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU ON A VACATION (RECREATION; EXPERIENCE; RELAXATION; ADVENTURE; FUN)?
6. WHICH TYPE REPRESENTS YOU BEST?
RELAXATION OR MOTION – Relaxation I would say. But we just returned from Kitzbühel where we went hiking and had so much fun.
COURAGE OR ANXIETY – Courage. Life is too short to be anxious. #YOLO
ADVENTURE OR BORING STANDART – Adventure. I have to admit Marco always starts a new adventure. For every trip I take some extra outfits. Marco is always extending trips or flying to another spot he discovers spontaneously.
CHEAP OR EXPENSIVE – Expensive
COLOR OR NO COLOR – defenitly color
7. DO YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION IN THE SPRING, SUMMER, FALL OR WINTER .... AND WHY?
We travel the whole year. Our favorites are: Spring in Milano, Dubai or Paris. Summers in Italy, Fall in LA or London and the English countryide.
New years Eve definitely in Miami, Escaping the cold and dark german winter we go to the Maldives every year, skiing in Lech, St. Moritz or Kitzbühel.
But there is always summer somewhere …most of the time we follow the sun.
8. WHICH MOMENT OF THE DAY DO YOU LIKE THE MOST?
9. ARE YOU MORE THE DISCOVERER OR DO YOU STICK TO YOUR ROUTINE WHEN DECIDING ON A TRIP?
Discoverer! - We always say “Try anything once.”
10. WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION NEXT?
Marco: I want to see Japan next.
Laura: That is what I mean. Next Adventure!
11. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
We inspire eachother.
12. IF I WOULD ASK YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD NEVER FORGET TO TAKE ON A
TRIP, APART FROM PASSPORT, VISA ETC. , WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
Eachother. Taveling without your other half is not the same.
13. TELL ME FIVE THINGS THAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE IN YOUR BAG ON A TRIP.
Laura: Call me Crazy but I always have a pair of little scissors in my suitcase. I need them everywhere.
I always bring hand sanitizer, moisture cream and Lipbalm- nothing worst than dry skin&Lips on the plane.
Marco: Cigarettes&Credit Cards.
14. BOOK; NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINE OR CELL PHONE/IPAD/LAPTOP – WHAT REPRESNTS YOU BEST AND WHY?
Laura: I love the smell of a fresh glossy magazine.
But since we travel so much we have everything on Macbooks and IPads.
I love my New Iphone – it makes the best photos and you don’t need to bring a big camera. I love to take many photos from all our trips. One day when we are old we can look at them and think of all the moments we collected together.
15. WHICH MOMENT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST WHEN YOU THINK BACK ON YOUR LIFE’S JOURNEY?
We keep that private.
16. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE CITIES?
17. IN WHICH CITY OR PART OF THE WORLD DO YOU FEEL MOST AT HOME?
Besides Porto Cervo, Miami Feels like home away from home.
London was our home for a while it is always nice to come back.
18. WHERE DO YOU LIVE AND WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST IN YOUR CITY?
We live in Berlin and we love that apartment in the city and that tegel airport is only 20 minutes away from our Home.
19. WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO LIVE THERE?
20. IF YOU WOULD COMPARE YOUR CITY TO MUSIC, WHICH KIND OF MUSIC WOULD DESCRIBE YOUR CITY BEST?
21. WHICH MUSIC ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Justin Bieber & Kanye West
22. EXPLAIN YOUR LIFESTYLE IN FIVE WORDS?
Sometimes words are not enough.
23. WHAT WOULD BE A PERFECT DAY FOR YOU?
Waking up in Malibu- there are only good days in Malibu.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE FOOD AND THE TASTE OF SOMETHING NEW TO YOU?
Marco: The Most important.
25. NAME FIVE OF YOUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS. THEY CAN BE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
Our Faves are:
Spago in LA
Casa Tua Miami
26. WHAT IS YOUR PHILOSOPHY OF LIFE?
Marco: Enjoy while it lasts.
Laura: Find a Way or Make one.
27. WHAT ARE YOUR FUTURE PLANS?
Never come back from paradise.
That’s why we founded a luxury beachwear brand. It’s always summer somewhere. Walking through the sand without shoes and wearing a Bikini and swim shorts all day is what I call a luxury.
28. IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING IN THE WORLD – WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND THE INTERESTING INTERVIEW.
ALL THE BEST TO YOUR FUTURE PLANS AND MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU WHEREEVER YOU WILL BE.
Pic by: Christian Hasselbusch