HEY NOEL AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR WANTING TO BE PART OF OUR NEVER ENDING JOURNEY ON LESS. TALK. TRAVEL. MORE.
Before we start i would like to wish you all the best for your upcoming EKN Store in Frankfurt!
LET‘S START OUR INTERVIEW
1. SO NOEL, TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF. HOW OLD ARE YOU? WHERE ARE YOU FROM? WHAT IS YOUR JOB AND WHY IS TRAVELLING SO IMPORTANT TO YOU?
I am 37 years old and I live in Frankfurt, Germany. I'm the founder of ekn footwear. We make shoes. Travelling is necessary for my job, but it is important to find inspiration. Traveling and finding new perspectives can really change your life.
2. HOW OFTEN DO YOU TRAVEL PER YEAR?
It depends. Maybe six times.
3. WHAT WAS YOUR FUNNIEST EXPERIENCE ON A JOURNEY?
There are so many small things you probably would not find funny here. But this is what makes it interesting. All the small things that happen.
4. HOW DO YOU DECIDE ON YOUR NEXT TRIP AND WHAT IS RELEVANT FOR YOU?
As we produce in Portugal, I go there quite often. For me it it important that I can stay by the sea for at least one day once I am there. So I usually plan a weekend around a trip.
5. WHAT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU ON A VACATION (RECREATION; EXPERIENCE; RELAXATION; ADVENTURE; FUN)?
When travelling, I am looking for something new. I usually ask myself if I could live in a certain country. The funny thing is that I have not been to a country I would not live in for a certain amount of time.
6. WHICH TYPE REPRESENTS YOU BEST?
RELAXATION OR MOTION - Motion
COURAGE OR ANXIETY - Courage
ADVENTURE OR BORING STANDARD - Adventurous
CHEAP OR EXPENSIVE - Depends on what your goals are. Normally both.
COLOR OR NO COLOR - NO COLOR, with some well chosen color.
7. DO YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION IN THE SPRING, SUMMER, FALL OR WINTER .... AND WHY?
I like it warm. So the perfect time for me to leave is when it is cold and rainy in Germany.
8. WHICH MOMENT OF THE DAY DO YOU LIKE THE MOST?
I love the mornings, but I prefer the evenings.
9. ARE YOU MORE THE DISCOVERER OR DO YOU STICK TO YOUR ROUTINE WHEN DECIDING ON A TRIP?
10. WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION NEXT?
I think I might go to Africa again.
11. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
12. IF I WOULD ASK YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD NEVER FORGET TO TAKE ON A TRIP, APART FROM PASSPORT, VISA ETC. , WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
Your open mind is the most important thing on a trip.
13. TELL ME FIVE THINGS THAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE IN YOUR BAG ON A TRIP.
My laptop, my wallet, phone and charger, some shoes, a toothbrush. I’ve learned that it’s a great freedom to travel with little luggage.
14. BOOK; NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINE OR CELL PHONE/IPAD/LAPTOP – WHAT REPRESNTS YOU BEST AND WHY?
Can I chose all? :)
15. WHICH MOMENT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST WHEN YOU THINK BACK ON YOUR LIFE’S JOURNEY?
I think my first trip to the US after I had finished school was probably the most influential. All the great people I met, I can still call my friends.
16. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE CITIES?
I must say I like Porto, New York and Stonetown, Zanzibar
17. IN WHICH CITY OR PART OF THE WORLD DO YOU FEEL MOST AT HOME?
Since I have my two girls in Frankfurt, this city has grown on me lately.
18. WHERE DO YOU LIVE AND WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST IN YOUR CITY?
Frankfurt, Germany. I like the river.
19. WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO LIVE THERE?
For some reason, I ended up here.
20. IF YOU WOULD COMPARE YOUR CITY TO MUSIC, WHICH KIND OF MUSIC WOULD DESCRIBE YOUR CITY BEST?
Some Westcoast hip-hop combined with techno music
21. WHICH MUSIC ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
22. EXPLAIN YOUR LIFESTYLE IN FIVE WORDS?
Just trying to find the truth.
23. WHAT WOULD BE A PERFECT DAY FOR YOU?
When the sun is out, I go for a run and then spend the day with my family outside.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE FOOD AND THE TASTE OF SOMETHING NEW TO YOU?
I like food.
25. NAME FIVE OF YOUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS. THEY CAN BE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
Oh – Iam not a restaurant expert. Not dropping a brick here.
26. WHAT IS YOUR PHILOSOPHY OF LIFE?
Reading Luhmann helps sometimes.
27. WHAT ARE YOUR FUTURE PLANS?
Stay healthy and follow my dreams.
28. IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING IN THE WORLD – WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
THANK YOU VERY MUCH NOEL FOR YOUR TIME AND THE INTERESTING INTERVIEW.
ALL THE BEST TO YOUR FUTURE PLANS AND MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU WHEREEVER YOU WILL BE.