Tuesday Talk with: Ralf Kellenberger / RAKELLE - It's all about the love
HEY RALF, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR WANTING TO BE PART OF OUR NEVER ENDING JOURNEY ON LESS.TALK.TRAVEL.MORE. (www.lesstalktravelmore.com)
1. TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF. HOW OLD ARE YOU? WHERE ARE YOU FROM? WHAT IS YOUR JOB AND WHY IS TRAVELLING SO IMPORTANT TO YOU?
I’m 33 years old and I’m from Pforzheim/Germany. I’m a jewelry designer for Diesel and the reason why traveling is so important to me is, because it makes me feel free and independent.
2. HOW OFTEN DO YOU TRAVEL PER YEAR?
At least once a month.
3. WHAT WAS YOUR FUNNIEST EXPERIENCE ON A JOURNEY?
There were so many, but the last one I remember is when I met a friend in a random boutique in Soho/New York! We both didn’t know that we were staying in New York at the same time!
4. HOW DO YOU DECIDE ON YOUR NEXT TRIP AND WHAT IS RELEVANT FOR YOU?
It depends, if I need to relax or if I want adventure! These are my two criteria when I decide to travel. In Ibiza, you can have both ;)
5. WHAT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU ON A VACATION (RECREATION; EXPERIENCE; RELAXATION; ADVENTURE; FUN)?
Most important to me is to relax, recreate and have fun! I love my work, and, therefore, inspiration is also very important to me!
6. WHICH TYPE REPRESENTS YOU BEST?
RELAXATION OR MOTION -Relaxation
COURAGE OR ANXIETY - Courage
ADVENTURE OR BORING STANDARD - Adventure
CHEAP OR EXPENSIVE - Expensive
COLOR OR NO COLOR - No color
7. DO YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION IN THE SPRING, SUMMER, FALL OR WINTER .... AND WHY?
In winter to escape from the bad weather in Germany.
8. WHICH MOMENT OF THE DAY DO YOU LIKE THE MOST?
Morning with breakfast.
9. ARE YOU MORE THE DISCOVERER OR DO YOU STICK TO YOUR ROUTINE WHEN DECIDING ON A TRIP?
I love to discover my own path and I try to avoid tourism.
10. WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION NEXT?
Mexico City (Dias de los muertos) & Burning Man (Nevada)
11. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Humans, cities (NY, LA, Paris, Frankfurt, etc.), fleamarkets, social networks like instagram & pinterest.
12. IF I WOULD ASK YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD NEVER FORGET TO TAKE ON A TRIP, APART FROM PASSPORT, VISA ETC. , WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
A camera to capture memories and inspirations and experiences.
13. TELL ME FIVE THINGS THAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE IN YOUR BAG ON A TRIP.
Camera, headphones, sketchbook, pencil, cellphone
14. BOOK, NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINE OR CELL PHONE/IPAD/LAPTOP – WHAT REPRESENTS YOU BEST AND WHY?
Magazine, because it can represent a a specific lifestyle with selected articles and products.
15. WHICH MOMENT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST WHEN YOU THINK BACK ON YOUR LIFE’S JOURNEY?
All unexpected moments with wild animals.
16. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE CITIES?
New York, Los Angeles, Eivissa, Amsterdam, Paris,
17. IN WHICH CITY OR PART OF THE WORLD DO YOU FEEL MOST AT HOME?
18. WHERE DO YOU LIVE AND WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST IN YOUR CITY?
Frankfurt! I love the different districts of Frankfurt, with all those different cultures coming together! The people are very friendly, open-minded, authentic and not fake! Last but not least, the Hessian cuisine ;)
19. WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO LIVE THERE?
In 2008, I moved to Frankfurt because of my job.
20. IF YOU WOULD COMPARE YOUR CITY TO MUSIC, WHICH KIND OF MUSIC WOULD DESCRIBE YOUR CITY BEST?
Thats pretty obvious! Frankfurt = Ibiza. Good electronic music.
21. WHICH MUSIC ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Right now!? Toro y Moi - So many Details Remix (ft. hodgy beats)
22. EXPLAIN YOUR LIFESTYLE IN FIVE WORDS?
Fashion and jewelry, passion, travelling, quality, sports.
23. WHAT WOULD BE A PERFECT DAY FOR YOU?
A day at Cala Comte beach in Ibiza with my family and friends.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE FOOD AND THE TASTE OF SOMETHING NEW TO YOU?
Very important! Trying something new is like visiting a new city you’ve never been before!
25. NAME FIVE OF YOUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS. THEY CAN BE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
Adelon (Greek food in FFM)
Can Pilot (Ibiza)
Long March Canteen (Berlin)
Katsuya LA & there are so many good restaurants at the Lower East Side
26. WHAT IS YOUR PHILOSOPHY OF LIFE?
It’s all about the love.
27. WHAT ARE YOUR FUTURE PLANS?
To become independent.
28. IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING IN THE WORLD – WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
That money becomes less important.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH RALF FOR YOUR TIME AND THE INTERESTING INTERVIEW.
ALL THE BEST TO YOUR FUTURE PLANS AND MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU WHEREEVER YOU WILL BE.