HI ROBERT AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR WANTING TO BE PART OF OUR NEVER ENDING JOURNEY ON LESS. TALK. TRAVEL. MORE.
LET‘S START OUR INTERVIEW
1. SO ROBERT, TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF. HOW OLD ARE YOU? WHERE ARE YOU FROM? WHAT IS YOUR JOB AND WHY IS TRAVELLING SO IMPORTANT TO YOU?
I am 62 years of age. I am from London. My primary work is that of an actor and I also work as a greenwood carpenter and as a rites-of-passage mentor and facilitator.
I enjoy travelling in order to meet and connect with people and their respective cultures.
2. HOW OFTEN DO YOU TRAVEL PER YEAR?
Once or twice.
3. WHAT WAS YOUR FUNNIEST EXPERIENCE ON A JOURNEY?
Being mistaken for Bob Marley in the 70's because of my dreadlocks.
4. HOW DO YOU DECIDE ON YOUR NEXT TRIP AND WHAT IS RELEVANT FOR YOU?
Planning a destination that is not overly touristic, which has some predictable sunshine.
5. WHAT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU ON A VACATION (RECREATION; EXPERIENCE; RELAXATION; ADVENTURE; FUN)?
All of these are important for me, but in particular relaxation.
6. WHICH TYPE REPRESENTS YOU BEST?
RELAXATION OR MOTION - Relaxation
COURAGE OR ANXIETY - Courage
ADVENTURE OR BORING STANDARD - Adventurous
CHEAP OR EXPENSIVE - Expensive, although cheap can be good too
COLOR OR NO COLOR - Colourful
7. DO YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION IN THE SPRING, SUMMER, FALL OR WINTER .... AND WHY?
Usually in the spring or the fall to a sunny destination because this is usually a time of low season.
8. WHICH MOMENT OF THE DAY DO YOU LIKE THE MOST?
The afternoon and the evening.
9. ARE YOU MORE THE DISCOVERER OR DO YOU STICK TO YOUR ROUTINE WHEN DECIDING ON A TRIP?
I don't have a routine when deciding on a trip, and I like to „go with the flow“, which makes me more of a discoverer, I guess.
10. WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION NEXT?
I have recently rediscovered the Greek Islands and would be happy to visit them again, there are more than 1000!
11. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
An open face that looks without judgement.
12. IF I WOULD ASK YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD NEVER FORGET TO TAKE ON A TRIP, APART FROM PASSPORT, VISA ETC. , WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
13. TELL ME FIVE THINGS THAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE IN YOUR BAG ON A TRIP.
Nicotine, mosquito repellant, cellphone, a book and cash.
14. BOOK; NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINE OR CELL PHONE/IPAD/LAPTOP – WHAT REPRESNTS YOU BEST AND WHY?
iPad because it keeps me in touch with the world and records my favourite moments.
15. WHICH MOMENT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST WHEN YOU THINK BACK ON YOUR LIFE’S JOURNEY?
The moment that I realised I had grown up.
16. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE CITIES?
I don't have the experience of so many, but of those I have visited: London, Paris and New York.
17. IN WHICH CITY OR PART OF THE WORLD DO YOU FEEL MOST AT HOME?
18. WHERE DO YOU LIVE AND WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST IN YOUR CITY?
London for its multi-culturalism and diversity.
19. WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO LIVE THERE?
I went there to study and ended up making it my home.
20. IF YOU WOULD COMPARE YOUR CITY TO MUSIC, WHICH KIND OF MUSIC WOULD DESCRIBE YOUR CITY BEST?
London has all the music of the world
21. WHICH MUSIC ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The wind in the trees.
22. EXPLAIN YOUR LIFESTYLE IN FIVE WORDS?
Living in the present moment
23. WHAT WOULD BE A PERFECT DAY FOR YOU?
Waking with gratitude and retiring with gratitude.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE FOOD AND THE TASTE OF SOMETHING NEW TO YOU?
25. NAME FIVE OF YOUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS. THEY CAN BE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
Gaucho in London
Carnegies in New York
Faros Taverna in Naxos
26. WHAT IS YOUR PHILOSOPHY OF LIFE?
Aspire to stay conscious and connected to the unnameable.
27. WHAT ARE YOUR FUTURE PLANS?
To inspire others to find themselves.
28. IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING IN THE WORLD – WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND THE INTERESTING INTERVIEW.
ALL THE BEST TO YOUR FUTURE PLANS AND MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU WHEREEVER YOU WILL BE.