CIAO LORENZO, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR WANTING TO BE PART OF OUR NEVER ENDING JOURNEY ON LESS. TALK. TRAVEL. MORE.
1. TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF. HOW OLD ARE YOU? WHERE ARE YOU FROM? WHAT IS YOUR JOB AND WHY IS TRAVELLING SO IMPORTANT TO YOU?
I’m 46 and from Frankfurt and I’m MD of a Design Agency with 40 employees. I have to travel a lot for the job but also to see the newest trends and developments all over the world in the design and hospitality business.
2. HOW OFTEN DO YOU TRAVEL PER YEAR?
Once a week
3. WHAT WAS YOUR FUNNIEST EXPERIENCE ON A JOURNEY?
4. HOW DO YOU DECIDE ON YOUR NEXT TRIP AND WHAT IS RELEVANT FOR YOU?
My clients and my job determine the next destinations. If not, then it is a mix of things I heard or places I want to see, or just to revisit places I already now, just to see if there are some new developments (e.g. London, NYC etc.)
5. WHAT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU ON A VACATION (RECREATION; EXPERIENCE; RELAXATION; ADVENTURE; FUN)?
A good mix of relaxation and new impressions
6. WHICH TYPE REPRESENTS YOU BEST?
RELAXATION OR MOTION - Relaxation
COURAGE OR ANXIETY - Courage
ADVENTURE OR BORING STANDARD - Adventure
CHEAP OR EXPENSIVE - Cheap
COLOR OR NO COLOR - Color
7. DO YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION IN THE SPRING, SUMMER, FALL OR WINTER .... AND WHY?
In the winter, I like to do something in the warmer regions of the earth, like Asia, Hawaii or Australia (like this year), in the summer, I prefer Italy or Greece. Italy because its my home country, Greece because everything there is really laid back.
8. WHICH MOMENT OF THE DAY DO YOU LIKE THE MOST?
9. ARE YOU MORE THE DISCOVERER OR DO YOU STICK TO YOUR ROUTINE WHEN DECIDING ON A TRIP?
Both, depending on the purpose of the trip. If its relaxing, tean I prefer places I know, where nothing is to discover. If it’s a new destination, I want to discover everything!
10. WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION NEXT?
Peking and Australia (Sydney to Brisbane)
11. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Everything. Shops, food, people, beaches,airports, cars. Simply everything.
12. IF I WOULD ASK YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD NEVER FORGET TO TAKE ON A TRIP, APART FROM PASSPORT, VISA ETC. , WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
Google maps on a mobile device
13. TELL ME FIVE THINGS THAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE IN YOUR BAG ON A TRIP.
Ipad, swimwear, sunglasses, music and ibuprofen
14. BOOK, NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINE OR CELL PHONE/IPAD/LAPTOP – WHAT REPRESENTS YOU BEST AND WHY?
Phone/ipad because I really need them to get around.
15. WHICH MOMENT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST WHEN YOU THINK BACK ON YOUR LIFE’S JOURNEY?
Travelling in my parents’ car in the 70s to Italy. Long drive, stinky trucks, endless traffic jams and a lot of smoke in the car.
16. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE CITIES?
Paris, Bologna, Rome, NYC, Beirut.
17. IN WHICH CITY OR PART OF THE WORLD DO YOU FEEL MOST AT HOME?
In all parts of the worlds, as long as its warm.
18. WHERE DO YOU LIVE AND WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST IN YOUR CITY?
Frankfurt. I like Frankfurt because it's small but important and very well connected to the R.O.W.
19. WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO LIVE THERE?
It simply happened. I was born here and studied here and started my own business, which made me very unflexibel regarding changing the place I want to live. I compensated it with more travelling..
20. IF YOU WOULD COMPARE YOUR CITY TO MUSIC, WHICH KIND OF MUSIC WOULD DESCRIBE YOUR CITY BEST?
21. WHICH MUSIC ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
No music, I’m in the office :)
22. EXPLAIN YOUR LIFESTYLE IN FIVE WORDS?
Family, design, food, #worldtaxidriver, solutionmaker
23. WHAT WOULD BE A PERFECT DAY FOR YOU?
Wake up at 8, having the kids around, not to much to do, perfect 28 degrees, sun, sport and a few good appointments with friends. Sex at the end. :)
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE FOOD AND THE TASTE OF SOMETHING NEW TO YOU?
25. NAME FIVE OF YOUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS. THEY CAN BE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
La Fortezza da Pie’, Forte dei Marmi/Cinquale, Italy
Trattoria Gianni, Bologna
26. WHAT IS YOUR PHILOSOPHY OF LIFE?
What comes around goes around. Or what goes around comes around.
27. WHAT ARE YOUR FUTURE PLANS?
More bizziice cecreamshops.
28. IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING IN THE WORLD – WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
Closing down all religions.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH LORENZO FOR YOUR TIME AND THE INTERESTING INTERVIEW.
ALL THE BEST TO YOUR FUTURE PLANS AND MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU WHEREEVER YOU WILL BE.