HELLO KATRHIN, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR WANTING TO BE PART OF OUR NEVER ENDING JOURNEY ON LESS. TALK. TRAVEL. MORE.
1. TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF. HOW OLD ARE YOU? WHERE ARE YOU FROM? WHAT IS YOUR JOB AND WHY IS TRAVELLING SO IMPORTANT TO YOU?
I am a German flautist and live in Heidelberg. I travel around the world and am interested in everything new. I love life and my work.
2. HOW OFTEN DO YOU TRAVEL PER YEAR?
I guess about 20-30 trips now.
3. WHAT WAS YOUR FUNNIEST EXPERIENCE ON A JOURNEY?
4. HOW DO YOU DECIDE ON YOUR NEXT TRIP AND WHAT IS RELEVANT FOR YOU?
5. WHAT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU ON A VACATION (RECREATION; EXPERIENCE; RELAXATION; ADVENTURE; FUN)?
I always search for new experiences and adventures. Watching out for the special culture of a place and its people.
6. WHICH TYPE REPRESENTS YOU BEST?
RELAXATION OR MOTION - Both
COURAGE OR ANXIETY - Both
ADVENTURE OR BORING STANDART - Both
CHEAP OR EXPENSIVE - Both
COLOR OR NO COLOR - ...
7. DO YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION IN THE SPRING, SUMMER, FALL OR WINTER .... AND WHY?
Time does not matter to me. When it is rainy, I visit cities, museums. When the weather is nice, I immediately change my plans to discover nature.
8. WHICH MOMENT OF THE DAY DO YOU LIKE THE MOST?
Between eight and nine o’ clock, it is very calm. The business people are at work, the streets are clean and clear, nobody is outside, one can regenerate.
9. ARE YOU MORE THE DISCOVERER OR DO YOU STICK TO YOUR ROUTINE WHEN DECIDING ON A TRIP?
Cities I love to go regularly are: Paris, Berlin, London etc. But when I am there, I always visit a new quarter or street. When it comes to relaxation in a nice Café, I often fall back to my routine (I am addicted to coffee). When traveling to cities I do not know or new landscapes, it is always the discoverer in me doing the trip!
10. WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION NEXT?
11. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Getting to know cultures that enjoy life, no matter how much money they have. Talking to people around the world.
12. IF I WOULD ASK YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD NEVER FORGET TO TAKE ON A TRIP, APART FROM PASSPORT, VISA ETC. , WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
13. TELL ME FIVE THINGS THAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE IN YOUR BAG ON A TRIP.
Paper and pencil for my thoughts and ideas.
14. BOOK, NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINE OR CELL PHONE/IPAD/LAPTOP – WHAT REPRESENTS YOU BEST AND WHY?
Everything. For a couple of years, my schedule has been made online, but my notes are always written by hand. I prefer reading real books and newspapers to online reading.
15. WHICH MOMENT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST WHEN YOU THINK BACK ON YOUR LIFE’S JOURNEY?
16. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE CITIES?
Cape Town, Saint Tropez, Bangkok
17. IN WHICH CITY OR PART OF THE WORLD DO YOU FEEL MOST AT HOME?
I always adapt to the cities I travel to and feel comfortable there. You only need to search for interesting and surprising things and you feel at home, I think.
18. WHERE DO YOU LIVE AND WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST IN YOUR CITY?
I live in Heidelberg, Germany. This city is quite small, and it always feels like coming home when I am walking through the old city after a trip. You always meet people you know. Cafés are all around you, people sit outside and enjoy life, talking, learning, reading and sunbathing. It is like a micro-cosmos and the reality does not touch it.
19. WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO LIVE THERE?
I was born and raised in Heidelberg. I never thought about moving to another city, as I visit them regularly while traveling and working. But if you couldn‘t easily escape from here to “reality” by car, train or airplane, I would definitely move.
20. IF YOU WOULD COMPARE YOUR CITY TO MUSIC, WHICH KIND OF MUSIC WOULD DESCRIBE YOUR CITY BEST?
A romantic major symphony - everything is warm and lovely and you feel like being surrounded by water. You immediately forget about the city noises when taking a walk through the woods of Neuenheim and Weststadt.
21. WHICH MUSIC ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Wasn‘t expecting that - Jamie Lawson
22. EXPLAIN YOUR LIFESTYLE IN FIVE WORDS?
Be yourself, wherever you are.
23. WHAT WOULD BE A PERFECT DAY FOR YOU?
Lots of music rehearsals with enthusiastic musicians and meeting inhabitants of a foreign culture.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE FOOD AND THE TASTE OF SOMETHING NEW TO YOU?
Very important, I love to discover new things and always enjoy good food!
25. NAME FIVE OF YOUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS. THEY CAN BE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
Cesarino - Heidelberg, World Best Lambs
Munich - Cantine Cantona (go for the ox cheeks)
Santiago de Compostela - Abastos, Percebes,
Picknick in Glyndebourne because of it‘s lovely surroundings, landscape and its dressed up people
26. WHAT IS YOUR PHILOSOPHY OF LIFE?
Kindness most of all: treat the people the way you want to be treated and respect them like you want to be respected.
27. WHAT ARE YOUR FUTURE PLANS?
At the moment, I am planning my debut disc that will be released in winter 2017.
28. IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING IN THE WORLD – WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
Not to be narrow-minded and to try to fulfill one’s dreams and ideas.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH KATHRIN FOR YOUR TIME AND THE INTERESTING INTERVIEW.
ALL THE BEST TO YOUR FUTURE PLANS AND MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU WHEREEVER YOU WILL BE.