HEY HELL AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR WANTING TO BE PART OF OUR NEVER ENDING JOURNEY ON LESS. TALK. TRAVEL. MORE.
LET‘S START OUR INTERVIEW
1. TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF. HOW OLD ARE YOU? WHERE ARE YOU FROM? WHAT IS YOUR JOB AND WHY IS TRAVELLING SO IMPORTANT TO YOU?
I am a DJ, producer, labelownner and publisher from Munich, Germany and 53 years old. I hae been playing in nightclubs, festivals and fashion shows for 36 years. Most of my lifetime I spent inside of discos all around the world. I travel every weekend because the whole organization of my shows is highly important.
2. HOW OFTEN DO YOU TRAVEL PER YEAR?
Three times a week. About 150 flights or travels per year is common.
3. WHAT WAS YOUR FUNNIEST EXPERIENCE ON A JOURNEY?
There were many unusually exciting and also disturbing situations after more than 30 years on the road, the „wheels of steels“ never stop.
4. HOW DO YOU DECIDE ON YOUR NEXT TRIP AND WHAT IS RELEVANT FOR YOU?
There is a catalogue of questions that needs to be answered first, before I decide to go somewhere., Most of the time I use direct flights and long-distance flights. I always fly first class. Hotels are very important to me, and I also check if they have a wellness area with a sauna and maybe an outside-pool during the summer. Late check-out is necessary and needs to be checked first. The venue should be checked as well and what music they normaly feature or what kind of DJs they booked before.
I made a list of 110 important issues about what is important for me, and what I need. All flights are booked by a travel agent and all deals are worked out and singed by a booking agent. Most DJs work with different agencies in different locations.
5. WHAT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU ON A VACATION (RECREATION; EXPERIENCE; RELAXATION; ADVENTURE; FUN)?
Vacation to me means no travelling, no airport, no music. I need time to step out of my regular world and just enjoy life and be with friends or stay alone for a while.
6. WHICH TYPE REPRESENTS YOU BEST?
RELAXATION OR MOTION– I am like most people, nothing represents myself exactly. Sometimes it’s relaxation and then, sometimes, I prefer action.
COURAGE OR ANXIETY - ...
ADVENTURE OR BORING STANDARD - Both
CHEAP OR EXPENSIVE - Both
COLOR OR NO COLOR - Black
7. DO YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION IN THE SPRING, SUMMER, FALL OR WINTER .... AND WHY?
Anywhere anytime. I don’t think in terms like that. I like to go on summer vacations in Brasil, when it is winter in Europe. I am not going to places where there are a lot of people or hype places like Miami in the 90s or Ibiza the last 15 years, or now its Tulum mexico. There are so many places I missed and I need to still go visit, but Bavaria near the mountains is still a paradise, and hopefully will not get popular like other places around the world.
8. WHICH MOMENT OF THE DAY DO YOU LIKE THE MOST?
9. ARE YOU MORE THE DISCOVERER OR DO YOU STICK TO YOUR ROUTINE WHEN DECIDING ON A TRIP?
10. WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION NEXT?
Brasil and Argentina
11. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Life and people
12. IF I WOULD ASK YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD NEVER FORGET TO TAKE ON A TRIP, APART FROM PASSPORT, VISA ETC. , WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
That’s basically all you need. Vncent Galo travelled like this a lot and I will try it soon, too.
13. TELL ME FIVE THINGS THAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE IN YOUR BAG ON A TRIP.
Reading glasses, passport, credit card, Porsche trolly, cash, key of my house
14. BOOK; NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINE OR CELL PHONE/IPAD/LAPTOP – WHAT REPRESNTS YOU BEST AND WHY?
All of them.
15. WHICH MOMENT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST WHEN YOU THINK BACK ON YOUR LIFE’S JOURNEY?
I can’t pick one moment as the best a „flying moment“. It was maybe last year, when we beat Argentina in Rio at the World Cup.
16. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE CITIES?
Rio, NYC, Berlin, Tokyo
17. IN WHICH CITY OR PART OF THE WORLD DO YOU FEEL MOST AT HOME?
18. WHERE DO YOU LIVE AND WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST IN YOUR CITY?
Munich, the Bavarian lifestyle.
19. WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO LIVE THERE?
It fits with my character very much.
20. IF YOU WOULD COMPARE YOUR CITY TO MUSIC, WHICH KIND OF MUSIC WOULD DESCRIBE YOUR CITY BEST?
21. WHICH MUSIC ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
22. EXPLAIN YOUR LIFESTYLE IN FIVE WORDS?
the never ending world tour.
23. WHAT WOULD BE A PERFECT DAY FOR YOU?
Being surrounded by kids the whole day.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE FOOD AND THE TASTE OF SOMETHING NEW TO YOU?
I am in the middle of a fx.mayr trip right now for abount two weeks. I love all kinds of food, but I am a very miserable cook.
25. NAME FIVE OF YOUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS. THEY CAN BE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
I have five favourite countries and love their food:
26. WHAT IS YOUR PHILOSOPHY OF LIFE?
Lovers live longer!
27. WHAT ARE YOUR FUTURE PLANS?
My new album is out in 2016, so I work night and day to close this chapter.
28. IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING IN THE WORLD – WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
Peace all over the world.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH HELL FOR YOUR TIME AND THE INTERESTING INTERVIEW.
ALL THE BEST TO YOUR FUTURE PLANS AND MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU WHEREEVER YOU WILL BE.