HEY ADRIAN , THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR WANTING TO BE PART OF OUR NEVER ENDING JOURNEY ON LESS. TALK. TRAVEL. MORE.
1. TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF. HOW OLD ARE YOU? WHERE ARE YOU FROM? WHAT IS YOUR JOB AND WHY IS TRAVELLING SO IMPORTANT TO YOU?
I am 25 years and originally from Germany. I have been living in various places, such as Australia, Paris, Amsterdam but the last three years in Stockholm, to which I moved for work. I am a currently a sportswear designer at H & M.
2. HOW OFTEN DO YOU TRAVEL PER YEAR?
I actually travel quiet a lot, up to twice a month. But really long journeys maybe four or five times a year.
3. WHAT WAS YOUR FUNNIEST EXPERIENCE ON A JOURNEY?
Hard to pin point out, only one funny experience, but I think it was when I was in Shanghai and a man wanted to sell me chopsticks and called me lady … I had a moustache … I guess they believe Western ladies have lots of facial hair.
4. HOW DO YOU DECIDE ON YOUR NEXT TRIP AND WHAT IS RELEVANT FOR YOU?
I like travelling by myself and I am a big fan of Japan. But when I travel with friends, it is often that we make decisions together on where we should go with an open mind to new and exciting destinations.
5. WHAT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU ON A VACATION (RECREATION; EXPERIENCE; RELAXATION; ADVENTURE; FUN)?
6. WHICH TYPE REPRESENTS YOU BEST?
RELAXATION OR MOTION - Can’t give you a clear answer, I like both, but if I really have to choose, I would go with motion.
COURAGE OR ANXIETY - Courage
ADVENTURE OR BORING STANDARD - Obviously adventure.
CHEAP OR EXPENSIVE - like spending money on experience rather than on at hotel.
COLOR OR NO COLOR - Black is a color, right?!
7. DO YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION IN THE SPRING, SUMMER, FALL OR WINTER .... AND WHY?
All year round, it is always warm somewhere.
8. WHICH MOMENT OF THE DAY DO YOU LIKE THE MOST?
9. ARE YOU MORE THE DISCOVERER OR DO YOU STICK TO YOUR ROUTINE WHEN DECIDING ON A TRIP?
Discover for sure.
10. WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO ON VACATION NEXT?
11. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Surroundings, people, art, food, a good conversation with interesting people and my mother.
12. IF I WOULD ASK YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD NEVER FORGET TO TAKE ON A TRIP, APART FROM PASSPORT, VISA ETC. , WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
I actually have two super small teddies, which I got when I was a child. My mother bought me one in Paris and one in Verona. These ares also their names. I always take them with me.
13. TELL ME FIVE THINGS THAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE IN YOUR BAG ON A TRIP.
1. Bergcrystal stone 2. Water, 3. Book 4. One-way camera 5. Phone
14. BOOK, NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINE OR CELL PHONE/IPAD/LAPTOP – WHAT REPRESENTS YOU BEST AND WHY?
Magazine. I am so artzy farzy.
15. WHICH MOMENT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST WHEN YOU THINK BACK ON YOUR LIFE’S JOURNEY?
I had an Italien Au pair when I was little; she took me with her to Italy for two weeks. When my mom came home, I had turned into a little Italien. I remember that I was just eating cucumber. That’s also still a word I know in Italien.
16. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE CITIES?
Tel-Aviv, Biarritz, Kyoto
17. IN WHICH CITY OR PART OF THE WORLD DO YOU FEEL MOST AT HOME?
Europe, it is so easy to travel around and see so many different places.
18. WHERE DO YOU LIVE AND WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST IN YOUR CITY?
I live in Stockholm and what I like most about it is that it's so calm and easy. When you travel a lot you like to come to a place, which is a bit slow and calm.
19. WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO LIVE THERE?
It wasn’t my number one choice at the beginning, I have to admit, but I really started to appreciate it with time. I moved here mainly because of job reasons.
20. IF YOU WOULD COMPARE YOUR CITY TO MUSIC, WHICH KIND OF MUSIC WOULD DESCRIBE YOUR CITY BEST?
21. WHICH MUSIC ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
I am a big fan of Maribou state at the moment.
22. EXPLAIN YOUR LIFESTYLE IN FIVE WORDS?
Spice with mix of 30+.
23. WHAT WOULD BE A PERFECT DAY FOR YOU?
Waking up early on christmas morning and go straight to the beach to eat mangos and chill.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE FOOD AND THE TASTE OF SOMETHING NEW TO YOU?
I. LOVE. FOOD! Love to try out something new. Last time in Tel-Aviv, I went to this vegetarian restaurant and they had mashed sweet potatoes and avocados. I was obsessed forever.
25. NAME FIVE OF YOUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS. THEY CAN BE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
Sono in Stockholm
Le Perroquet in Brussels
Muret la Barba in Berlin
Chez Paul in Paris
Zakaim in Tel-Aviv
26. WHAT IS YOUR PHILOSOPHY OF LIFE?
To enjoy and be creative every single day,
27. WHAT ARE YOUR FUTURE PLANS?
Move around more; see different cities and possibilities which come along with it.
28. IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING IN THE WORLD – WHAT WOULD THAT BE?
Don’t we all want world peace? Less waste? More love!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH ADRIAN FOR YOUR TIME AND THE INTERESTING INTERVIEW.
ALL THE BEST TO YOUR FUTURE PLANS AND MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU WHEREEVER YOU WILL BE.